Quick and Healthy School Breakfast
October 21, 2016
Filed under Features
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Chocolate Coconut Granola
- 4 cups Rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips, mini
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1/2 cup Flaxseeds
- 1 cup Nuts
Recipe 1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a large baking sheet with a little coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, flaxseeds, and nuts (if using).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and brown sugar until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat mixture in the large bowl, and stir until all the oats are coated.
- Distribute the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then stir, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven again, and allow the granola to cool completely in the pan without stirring.
- Once it’s cooled completely, add in the mini chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.
The return of the school year means the return of rushed mornings. If you are like myself and have a hard time getting out of bed before 7:30, that means there is not always time to make breakfast. If you are also like myself and get extremely crabby without food, then that means breakfast is a must.
Going into the new school year I wanted to find a quick, easy breakfast.So, I started to do some research on pinterest, and I came across this recipe for chocolate coconut granola. It sounded healthy, filling and tasty so I tried it out. And I’m glad I did! It was very easy and only took about 45 minutes.
This granola made for an easy breakfast every morning. There are so many different ways to eat it so I didn’t get sick of it. On very busy mornings I could just put some in a bag by itself that was enough. When I had a little extra time, I really enjoyed it with vanilla yogurt. My favorite way was on top of toast with peanut butter. I would definitely recommend this yummy breakfast granola!