Beyond Lincoln-Way

The end of senior year is a very exciting time. Many students can finally be proud of all their accomplishments. Finally coming to the end of the year can be bittersweet. Speaking for the seniors of Lincoln- Way Central, high school was a time for us to grow. Not only in our academics, but as people. As it quickly comes to an end, we are excited for our futures’ but will never forget how we got there.  

Senior Spotlight: Maddie Slepski

“After graduation, I plan on attending Indiana University and majoring in broadcast journalism in the Media School. I was one of fifteen students to be selected for the Ernie Pyle Honors Scholar Program in the Media School. I am most excited about being able to further my education and for all the opportunities I will have at IU. My fondest memory of my time at Lincoln-Way was being a part of an amazing club called Best Buddies. I had the honor to be Vice President and form lasting relationships with these kids that I will cherish forever.”

Senior Spotlight:  Brianna Poplin

“I will be attending St. Louis University in the fall. I am majoring in occupational therapy, and I am in the five-year master’s program at SLU. My favorite memory from high school is definitely Homecoming week. Seeing everyone’s school spirit, pepe assemblies, and just enjoying each other’s company is something I will never forget.” -Brianna Popplin

Senior Spotlight: Nicklaus Tingley

“Next year I will be attending a prep school in Orlando, Florida to play basketball for a year. After, I plan to attend a four- year University and continue to play basketball. I will major in finance and minor in Spanish. My favorite memories are basketball team dinners before Friday night games.”

Senior Spotlight: Danielle Cerrito

“After high school, I plan on attending Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am majoring in health sciences and then continuing on to earn a Master of Science in physician’s assistant studies. I don’t have a specific favorite memory from Lincoln-Way, but through my four years I have made many connections with students and teachers that I will remember. Those people taught me so many lessons that I am grateful for. I’m so glad that I went to a school in such a great environment filled with so many helpful people.”

Senior Spotlight: Dylan Walenga

“After I leave Lincoln-Way Central, I am committed to play college baseball at Milwaukee Area Technical College up in Milwaukee. I plan on majoring in Sports Management. After I graduate, I plan on spending as much time as I can with my friends enjoying the last stretch of my senior baseball season. Last year and this year have been a struggle for many people. Even though COVID-19 has changed many people’s lives, I am going to make this summer the best by spending as much time with my family and friends before I’m off to college.”

Senior Spotlight: Maggie Tinman

“I plan to attend Villanova University in Villanova, Pennsylvania just outside of Philadelphia. Although I am not exactly sure on my major, I am considering biochemistry or astrophysics. I hope to get involved in many school activities including Best Buddies and attend Nova basketball games. My favorite memory at Lincoln-Way was the Best Buddies friendship walk my freshman year at Brookfield Zoo.”

Senior Spotlight:  Joe Barrett

“Next fall I plan on attending the University of Missouri. I plan on majoring in engineering and am very excited to meet new people. My favorite memory from my time at Lincoln-Way Central was definitely playing basketball in front of home crowds my junior year because of how energetic and exciting it was to be a part of.”

Hannah Bogdan

Plans after LWC: “University of Illinois at Chicago”

Major: “Disability studies/Human Development on the pre=law track”

Favorite memory at LWC: “Running track and being apart of the peer pe program.”

Goals after LWC: “Do well in college and go to grad school to be a disability rights activist/ lawyer.”

Joe Byrne

Plans after LWC: “JJC”

Major: “History Teacher”

Favorite memory at LWC: Winning the SWSC 3out of the 4 years in highschool in JROTC”

Goals after LWC: “My main goal for life after high school is to meet new people, travel to other places and just have fun…”

Mya Klingenberg

Plans after LWC: “Baylor University”

Major: “Neuroscience Pre-Med”

Favorite memory at LWC: …the football games and all of the school spirit”

Goal for life after Lincoln-Way: “My main goal for life after high school is to travel as much as I can!”

Jackson Charnley

Plans after LWC: “The University of Iowa”

Major: “Pharmaceutical Sciences”

Favorite memory at LWC: “Winning our first home football game senior year.”

Goals after LWC: “Make my parents proud.”

Skylar Darnell

Plans after LWC: “The Ohio State University”

Major: “Pharmaceutical Sciences”

Favorite memory at LWC: “My favorite memory was participating in Special Games.”

Goals after LWC: “One of my main goals for life after highschool is to be successful in my studies throughout college.”