Post Malone reigns on charts and in LWC

For teenagers today, the world of music revolves around the top charts, and, recently, those charts have been filled with rap music. In a recent debut, Post Malone released his third album, Hollywood’s Bleeding. Although it’s still qualified as a hip-hop/rap album, he brings a new vibe to the melodrama of today’s rappers. With every release, Malone is able to climb the charts and dominate the top slots, with nearly every song in the top twenty-five. As homecoming came and went, it was expected that the student body would request a few of his recent songs, some of the more popular ones being “Circles,” “Enemies (feat. DaBaby)” and “Sunflower.” His song “Sunflower,” written by himself and Swae Lee, appeared in the latest Marvel movie, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, while also dominating the music charts. Allison Twohig, student council treasurer and major contributor for the dance, commented, “We like to let the student’s pick some of the songs they want to hear at homecoming, so it was no surprise that Post Malone landed on that list.”

The music of the student body at Lincoln-Way Central varies, but there were no complaints when Post Malone’s new album blasted on the speakers at the homecoming dance. His music can also be heard at LWC athletic events. Before volleyball games, Post Malone’s songs ring through the main gym. They can also be heard out on the football field before an exciting soccer match. Student-athletes appreciate the upbeat sound of his songs in combination with meaningful lyrics. The artful mix helps pump up the athletes before big games and points to why he remains so popular amongst our student body.